Exhibits enticing aromas of stone fruits, dried orange peel, dark raspberry and ripe cherry.
The palate shows notes of baking spice, wild blackberry, and cassis leading into flint, graphite and savory game notes.
• Estate Eidolon Vineyard, ‘Rocks District of Milton Freewater’, Walla Walla Valley • Seven Hills Vineyard, Walla Walla Valley • Summit View Vineyard, Walla Walla Valley • Overall one of the warmest vintages on record. • Bud break started in early-mid April with bloom in early June, between 1-2 weeks early than normal • Warm summer temperatures continued to allow good ripening, with slightly smaller berry size and thicker skins for deep rich flavors and tannins. • Cool September temperatures slowed down sugar accumulation allowing for longer hangtime and complex flavor development
• Hand-harvested grapes • Picked early in the morning
• Cross-flow filtration prior to bottling
• 33% whole clusters with 67% destemmed fruit • Small lot fermentations in stainless steel tanks • The cap was manually punched down twice a day
• The wine was aged for 16 months in French Oak barrels