Classic “rocks” minerality and dried herbs on the nose.
Sour plum, cranberry and rich roasted game on the palate. This wine also exhibits notes of truffle, mocha, cacao, and olive tapenade before a smooth finish, with a savory mouthfeel and rich tannins.
● Stoney Vine Vineyard, ‘Rocks District’ Walla Walla Valley ● Warm spring time temperatures lead to early bud break ● Moderate early summer temperatures allowed for ideal bloom and fruit set ● Cooler than average temperatures continued allowing fruit to ripen gradually, leading to lower sugars and higher natural acidity. ● These cooler temperatures extended the growing season for optimal flavor development across all varietals.
● Hand harvested grapes ● Picked early in the morning ● Harvest started on September 2nd and continued into mid-October
● Cross flow filtration prior to bottling
● Small lot fermentations in stainless steel tanks ● The cap was manually punched down twice a day
● The wine was aged for 16 months in French Oak barrels with two rackings.