Exhibits aromas of dark raspberry, blackberry and currant braced upon damp earth notes.
The palate opens with flavors of dark cherry, ripe raspberry and blackberry cobbler with undertones of espresso and cocoa.
• Estate Eidolon Vineyard, ‘Rocks District of Milton Freewater’, Walla Walla Valley • 2013 was overall one of the warmest vintages on record • Bud break started in early-mid April with bloom in early June, between 1-2 weeks early than normal • Warm summer temperatures continued to allow good ripening, with slightly smaller berry size and thicker skins for deep rich flavors and tannins • Cool September temperatures slowed down sugar accumulation allowing for longer hangtime and complex flavor development
• Hand-harvested grapes • Picked early in the morning
• Cross-flow filtration prior to bottling • BOttling date: May 22, 2015
• Small lot fermentations in stainless steel tanks • The cap was manually punched down twice a day • 21 days of extended maceration on the Cabernet Sauvignon
• The wine was blended and aged for 16 months in French Oak barrels with 10% new